Columbia Asia Mysore
The Columbia Asia Hospital Mysore is one of 28 hospitals across Asia that is a member of Columbia Asia international healthcare group. All hospitals in this organisation meet international standards and benchmarks. It was founded in 2009 and soon after received an NABH accreditation, which is the highest national accreditation for hospitals in India. The hospital is fitted with 100 patient beds and as a general hospital it covers virtually all medical specialities, including obstetrics, orthopedics, organ transplants, and general surgery. Patients have available free WiFi throughout, laundry services, phones for international calling, and a dedicated international team to assist with hotel and local activity booking.
Unsure about your medical condition and the treatment that will suit you best?
Are you not sure as to which treatment will be best suited for your medical condition or want to know more about the risks involved in the treatment? Or are you worried about the location, services, qualification of the treating doctor? It’s easy to clarify all your doubts. Just share your contact details, talk to our experts or get a free online consultation, and get all the answers to your questions in no time.
English, Hindi, Translators can be arranged for other Languages
Medical records transfer
Phone in the room
TV in the room
Special dietary requests accepted
Private rooms for patients available
Mobility accessible rooms
Online doctor consultation
Medical travel insurance
Local transportation booking
Local tourism options
Visa / Travel office
Nursery / Nanny services
Business centre services
Personal assistance / Concierge
Health insurance coordination
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery 3 procedures
Also known as tummy task is a cosmetic procedure that is done to make the abdomen firm and thinner. It involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the lower and middle abdomen to tighten the fascia and muscles of the wall of the abdomen. The procedure is sought after by patient with sagging or loose tissue, especially after marked weight loss or pregnancy. Types of Abdominoplasty available include high lateral tummy tuck, floating Abdominoplasty, circumferential Abdominoplasty, extended or partial or complete Abdominoplasty and combined procedure, e.g., with liposuction.
Also known as Brachioplasty, is a procedure to provided increased contour and reshape the upper arms and at the same time connect the area to the chest wall. Techniques for Brachioplasty included minimal incision Brachioplasty, liposuction of the arm, traditional Brachioplasty, fish-incision Brachioplasty, extended Brachioplasty, superficial fascial system suspension, use of molds and non-excisional Brachioplasty.
It is a prosthesis (saline or silicon) used to change the shape, contour, and size of one's breast. It adds volume to ones existing breast thereby creating a fuller chest. They are used in plastic and reconstructive surgeries to rectify congenital problems, restore natural breast mound after mastectomy or cosmetically in breast argumentation procedures.
Urology 3 procedures
Bladder Stone Removal
This is a procedure done to remove renal stones that have formed in the bladder or pound their way into the bladder hence causing obstruction and pain. Various procedures are used to remove the stones, e.g., percutaneous suprapubic crystolitholapaxy and open cystostomy.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability of a man to keep or get an erection firm to have sexual intercourse. It is commonly described as important. The condition can be managed medically. 1st the patient has to be evaluated for a treatment plan is made, the plan may incorporate assistive devices like pumps or medications.
Kidney Stones Treatment
The treatment of renal stones included taking a lot of water to help pass these stones and use of painkiller to relive renal colonic pain. Drug used included NSAIDs, diuretics narcotics and urinary retention drugs. Medical procedures that can be done to remove the stones include laser lithotripsy, uteroscopic stone removal and extracorporeal shockwave therapy.
General Surgery 3 procedures
This is the surgical removal of the appendix. It is performed after a patient suffering from acute appendicitis. It can be performed as laparoscopic or as an open procedure.
Bone Marrow Transplant (Autologous)
This is a surgical procedure which involves a process where unhealthy bone marrow tissue is replaced with a healthy one. Bone marrow is the spongy soft tissue inside one's bones that contain blood-forming cells (hematopoietic or blood stem cells). The cell intern mature into platelets, white blood cells, and red blood cells. Before the transplant, radiation, chemotherapy or both may be given to destroy the diseased bone marrow tissue. This can be done in either of two ways, i.e., reduced intensive treatment or ablative treatment. The three types of bone marrow transplants are umbilical cord blood transplant, allogeneic bone marrow transplant or autologous bone marrow transplant. The donor cells are collected in two ways or leukapheresis or bone marrow harvest.
This is the surgical removal of a part of the liver. It is a procedure done to manage some types of liver malignancies and metastatic colorectal cancer. The liver tumor must be located in the area under resection.
Ophthalmology 1 procedures
It is also known as blepharoplasty. It’s a surgical procedure meant to improve the appearance of one's eyelids. It can be performed on the lower lid, upper lids or both. It’s performed by plastic surgeons and helps correct deformities, disfigurations, and defects of the eyelids. It’s used to treat sagging or loose skin that creates a fold and disturb natural contour of the eye, remove fatty deposits that make ones eye puffy, remove bags below the eye, correct drooping lower lid and remove fine wrinkles and excess skins in lower lids.
Cardiology 3 procedures
Aortic Valve Repair
This is a procedure done to repair or replace aortic valves damaged by disease. Aortic valves are one of the four heart valves that help regulate the flow of blood in the heart. The surgeon will remove the damaged valves and replace them with a prosthetic one which is then screwed into place. The valves can be mechanical (made of artificial materials like carbon) or biological, i.e., from animal or human tissue.
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Closure
An ASD is a congenital heart defect in the atrial septum that results in leakage oxygen-rich blood from left atrium to the right atrium. This increases the work of workload of the right side of the heart and if not corrected early can lead to heart failure. The defect if small can be corrected by cardiac catheterization usually by a pediatric cardiologist. A large defect often needs open heart procedures.
This is a cardiothoracic operation that involves the replacement of a composite graft of the aortic root, ascending aorta and the aortic valve with implantation of coronary arteries into the graft.
Dermatology 3 procedures
Acne is an inflammatory papular, pustular, and follicular eruptions involving the pilosebaceous units in the skin. It is treated medical using either local or topical agents by a dermatologist. All drugs used for the management of acne act as Anti-inflammatory, Anti-comedonal and Anti-microbial agents.
This is a non-surgical cosmetic medical procedure.it involves the multiple injections of homeopathic and pharmaceutical drugs , vitamins , plant extracts and various other ingredients into the skin subcutaneous fat layer. The procedure helps remove excess fat, tighten the skin thus rejuvenating it.
Mole and Skin Lesion Evaluation
This is like dermatological consult aimed at examining moles (benign pigmented lesion o the skin with histologic and clinical picture of malignant melanoma) and other lesion in the skin. This evaluation is important in that potential skin malignancies like malignant melanomas will be captured early and treated.
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) 2 procedures
This is a surgical procedure used to remove the adenoids (lymphoid tissue in the nasopharynx) when they are enlarged hence causing recurrent earache, chronic infections or impaired breathing via the nose. It is performed by an otolaryngologist.
This is an electronic gadget (device) used to replace the functions of the inner ear when it is damaged. The implant does the work of the Cochlear by generating sound signals for the brain. It is thus useful in persons with profound or moderate hearing loss bilaterally. The device helps one to her better. Cochlear implant surgery is done by ENT Surgeon.
Specialists working with Columbia Asia Mysore
Dr. C.B. Kehsavamurthy Cardiology
- An eminent interventional cardiologist with more than 13 years of extensive experience in performing primary PCI and complex angioplasties.
- Till date, has performed over 10000 coronary angiograms and more than 3500 angiop
- Has also performed over 500 permanent pacemaker and device implantations
- Has been instrumental in establishing the Cardiology department there and performed the first ever interventional cardiac procedures in the districts of Salem and Erode
- The president of Cardiological Society of India, Mysore chapter
Dr. Anoop Shivaram Alva Gastroenterology
- Dr Anoop works as Consultant Gastroenterologist with Columbia Asia Hospital Mysore.
- He completed his post-graduation as a Physician (MD- Internal Medicine) from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore in 2005.
- He has considerable amount of experience in performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Gastroenterology.
Dr. P.M Uthappa Nephrology
- Dr. P M Uthappa is a highly qualified and experienced doctor who heads the Department of Nephrology, Columbia Asia Hospital, Mysore.
- He has more than 16 years of experience in Kidney Medicine.
- He specializes and has significant experience in various modalities of Kidney Medicine like Haemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Transplantation.
- He is proficient in placing temporary, semi-permanent (tunneled catheters) for dialysis, insertion of percutaneous peritoneal dialysis catheter and kidney biopsies (native and transplant), all real time, under ultrasound guidance.
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed Abdul Rahman Neurosurgery
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed Abdul Rahman is a well known Neurosurgery specialist at Columbia Asia Hospital in Mysore with over 12 years of work experience.
- He has operated /assisted about 700 successful neurosurgical operations during his training period, and has been adequately trained to handle the spectrum of neurosurgical cases and take crucial decisions independently.
- He has also garnered the experience of working in Saudi Arabia as Specialist Neurosurgeon at King Abdul Azeez Specialist Hospital.
- He has authored several case reports that have been published in well known journals.
Dr. Madhura Prakash Gynecology
- Dr. Madhura Prakash specializes in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Columbia Asia Hospital in Mysore.
- She also received a gold medal in Pharmacology, Microbiology and Ophthalmology during MBBS
- She also has experience in preparing teaching schedule for undergraduate students and duty rota of senior house officers.
Dr. Jayanti V Iyengar Ophthalmology
- Dr. Jayanti Iyengar specializes in Ophthalmology at Columbia Asia Hospital in Mysore.
- She is a member of All India Ophthalmic Society and Mysore Ophthalmic Association, where she also served as the Secretary for a year.
- She has expertise in Anterior Segment, Small Incision Cataract Micro Surgery, Squint Correction and General Eye Surgery.
Dr. B.R Prashanth Orthopedics
- Dr B.R.Prashanth has a strong background in Joint Replacement Surgery and has had extensive training abroad under renowned Arthroplasty Surgeons and has been regularly performing Joint Replacements since 1995 in Mysore.
- He has gained National and International recognition in this area and serves as faculty for Arthroplasty meetings abroad
- He is also actively involved in prestigious Orthopaedic Societies, notably AAOS as a Committee member.
- "Knee Guru" UK, an Independent organization, has recently listed Dr B.R.Prashanth as one of the outstanding knee surgeons in recognition of his services.
Dr. Aravind K L Paediatrics
- Dr. Aravind KL specializes in General and Pediatric Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospital in Mysore.
- He has had exposure to varied pediatric surgical problems, including current principles and newer technologies in management.
- He is able to work as a part of pediatric surgical team and allied specialties with a flexible approach.
Dr. Dinesh Kumar T P Urology
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar has completed his MBBS from AIMS - Mandya, MS general surgery from JNMC - Aligarh and MCh from BHIMS - Mumbai
- He specialises in endourology and kidney transplant surgery. he has many publications to his credit.
Dr. Raja Gopal R Psychiatry
- Dr. Raja gopal is a Psychiatrist who has completed his MBBS from Mysore Medical College - Mysore and MD (psychiatry) from PGI - Chandigarh.
- His area of expertise in the field of de-addiction and sports psychiatry
Get a free treatment plan including price estimate, consultant profile etc.