Columbia Asia Referral Hospital Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore
The Columbia Asia Referral Hospital Yeshwanthpur is a member of Columbia Asia International Healthcare group network, which operates 28 hospitals across Asia. It was founded in 2008 and has been accredited by the NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers), the highest accreditation that hospitals in India can receive. This multi-disciplinary hospital covers virtually all areas of medicine, excelling in the specialities of liver, kidney, and bone marrow transplants, oncology, neurology, and orthopedics. The hospital follows global healthcare standards and is popular with international patients. Assistance with visa and hotel bookings as well as medical record translations is provided. All patients can access televisions in their rooms, free WiFi, and family accommodation for overnight stays.
Unsure about your medical condition and the treatment that will suit you best?
Are you not sure as to which treatment will be best suited for your medical condition or want to know more about the risks involved in the treatment? Or are you worried about the location, services, qualification of the treating doctor? It’s easy to clarify all your doubts. Just share your contact details, talk to our experts or get a free online consultation, and get all the answers to your questions in no time.
English, Hindi, Translators can be arranged for other Languages
Medical records transfer
Special offer for group stays
Phone in the room
TV in the room
Special dietary requests accepted
Private rooms for patients available
Mobility accessible rooms
Online doctor consultation
Medical travel insurance
Local transportation booking
Local tourism options
Visa / Travel office
Nursery / Nanny services
Business centre services
Personal assistance / Concierge
Health insurance coordination
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery 3 procedures
Also known as tummy task is a cosmetic procedure that is done to make the abdomen firm and thinner. It involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the lower and middle abdomen to tighten the fascia and muscles of the wall of the abdomen. The procedure is sought after by patient with sagging or loose tissue, especially after marked weight loss or pregnancy. Types of Abdominoplasty available include high lateral tummy tuck, floating Abdominoplasty, circumferential Abdominoplasty, extended or partial or complete Abdominoplasty and combined procedure, e.g., with liposuction.
Also known as Brachioplasty, is a procedure to provided increased contour and reshape the upper arms and at the same time connect the area to the chest wall. Techniques for Brachioplasty included minimal incision Brachioplasty, liposuction of the arm, traditional Brachioplasty, fish-incision Brachioplasty, extended Brachioplasty, superficial fascial system suspension, use of molds and non-excisional Brachioplasty.
It is a prosthesis (saline or silicon) used to change the shape, contour, and size of one's breast. It adds volume to ones existing breast thereby creating a fuller chest. They are used in plastic and reconstructive surgeries to rectify congenital problems, restore natural breast mound after mastectomy or cosmetically in breast argumentation procedures.
Urology 3 procedures
Bladder Stone Removal
This is a procedure done to remove renal stones that have formed in the bladder or pound their way into the bladder hence causing obstruction and pain. Various procedures are used to remove the stones, e.g., percutaneous suprapubic crystolitholapaxy and open cystostomy.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability of a man to keep or get an erection firm to have sexual intercourse. It is commonly described as important. The condition can be managed medically. 1st the patient has to be evaluated for a treatment plan is made, the plan may incorporate assistive devices like pumps or medications.
Kidney Stones Treatment
The treatment of renal stones included taking a lot of water to help pass these stones and use of painkiller to relive renal colonic pain. Drug used included NSAIDs, diuretics narcotics and urinary retention drugs. Medical procedures that can be done to remove the stones include laser lithotripsy, uteroscopic stone removal and extracorporeal shockwave therapy.
General Surgery 3 procedures
This is the surgical removal of the appendix. It is performed after a patient suffering from acute appendicitis. It can be performed as laparoscopic or as an open procedure.
Bone Marrow Transplant (Autologous)
This is a surgical procedure which involves a process where unhealthy bone marrow tissue is replaced with a healthy one. Bone marrow is the spongy soft tissue inside one's bones that contain blood-forming cells (hematopoietic or blood stem cells). The cell intern mature into platelets, white blood cells, and red blood cells. Before the transplant, radiation, chemotherapy or both may be given to destroy the diseased bone marrow tissue. This can be done in either of two ways, i.e., reduced intensive treatment or ablative treatment. The three types of bone marrow transplants are umbilical cord blood transplant, allogeneic bone marrow transplant or autologous bone marrow transplant. The donor cells are collected in two ways or leukapheresis or bone marrow harvest.
This is the surgical removal of a part of the liver. It is a procedure done to manage some types of liver malignancies and metastatic colorectal cancer. The liver tumor must be located in the area under resection.
Ophthalmology 1 procedures
It is also known as blepharoplasty. It’s a surgical procedure meant to improve the appearance of one's eyelids. It can be performed on the lower lid, upper lids or both. It’s performed by plastic surgeons and helps correct deformities, disfigurations, and defects of the eyelids. It’s used to treat sagging or loose skin that creates a fold and disturb natural contour of the eye, remove fatty deposits that make ones eye puffy, remove bags below the eye, correct drooping lower lid and remove fine wrinkles and excess skins in lower lids.
Cardiology 3 procedures
Aortic Valve Repair
This is a procedure done to repair or replace aortic valves damaged by disease. Aortic valves are one of the four heart valves that help regulate the flow of blood in the heart. The surgeon will remove the damaged valves and replace them with a prosthetic one which is then screwed into place. The valves can be mechanical (made of artificial materials like carbon) or biological, i.e., from animal or human tissue.
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Closure
An ASD is a congenital heart defect in the atrial septum that results in leakage oxygen-rich blood from left atrium to the right atrium. This increases the work of workload of the right side of the heart and if not corrected early can lead to heart failure. The defect if small can be corrected by cardiac catheterization usually by a pediatric cardiologist. A large defect often needs open heart procedures.
This is a cardiothoracic operation that involves the replacement of a composite graft of the aortic root, ascending aorta and the aortic valve with implantation of coronary arteries into the graft.
Dermatology 3 procedures
Acne is an inflammatory papular, pustular, and follicular eruptions involving the pilosebaceous units in the skin. It is treated medical using either local or topical agents by a dermatologist. All drugs used for the management of acne act as Anti-inflammatory, Anti-comedonal and Anti-microbial agents.
This is a non-surgical cosmetic medical procedure.it involves the multiple injections of homeopathic and pharmaceutical drugs , vitamins , plant extracts and various other ingredients into the skin subcutaneous fat layer. The procedure helps remove excess fat, tighten the skin thus rejuvenating it.
Mole and Skin Lesion Evaluation
This is like dermatological consult aimed at examining moles (benign pigmented lesion o the skin with histologic and clinical picture of malignant melanoma) and other lesion in the skin. This evaluation is important in that potential skin malignancies like malignant melanomas will be captured early and treated.
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) 2 procedures
This is a surgical procedure used to remove the adenoids (lymphoid tissue in the nasopharynx) when they are enlarged hence causing recurrent earache, chronic infections or impaired breathing via the nose. It is performed by an otolaryngologist.
This is an electronic gadget (device) used to replace the functions of the inner ear when it is damaged. The implant does the work of the Cochlear by generating sound signals for the brain. It is thus useful in persons with profound or moderate hearing loss bilaterally. The device helps one to her better. Cochlear implant surgery is done by ENT Surgeon.
Specialists working with Columbia Asia Referral Hospital Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore
Dr. Sunil Kumar S Cardiology
- Dr. Sunil Kumar S. is currently the Consultant in Interventional Cardiology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal and Yeshwanthapur Units, Bangalore, since January 2016.
- Dr. Sunil Kumar S. has innumerable national and international publications to his credit, and his research experience is vast.
- fter completing his DM Cardiology, he was appointed as an Associate Consultant Cardiologist, Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore, and later as a Consultant in Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore.
Dr. Rajeswari Janakiraman Endocrinology
- Dr. Rajeswari Janakiraman a well-trained and qualified Endocrinologist, is working as a Senior Consultant in Endocrinology since the inception of this hospital in 2008.
- Dr. Rajeswari has played a vital role in the inception of the Endocrine specialty at the Columbia Asia Referral Hospital.
- Evidence based and ethical practice has been the hallmark of the endocrine specialty at our hospital.
Dr. Nandakumar Jairam Gastroenterology
- Dr. Jairam is a former Professor and Head of the department of surgery at St/ John's Medical College Hospital, Bangalore.
- is expertise in colo-rectal surgery is acquired from Mayo Clinic, USA and St. Mark's Hospital London.
- He is renowned surgeon and a very popular teacher.
- is area of interests are in colo-rectal surgery, difficult fistulae in ano and anal incontinence
Dr. Jalihal Umesh M Gastroenterology
- Dr.Jalihal Umesh M is currently the Chief of Gastroenterology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore.
- eing a recipient of the Government of India National Merit Scholarship, his areas of interest are emergency and therapeutic endoscopies.
- He has also enriched his knowledge in the GI field by being a chairperson and panelist in a number of national and international conferences in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Ajit K Huilgol Nephrology
- Dr Ajit Huilgol is the Director and Chief Transplant Surgeon, Karnataka Nephrology and Transplant Institute.
- A strong-willed and dedicated surgeon, with multiple publications to his credit, he has been a mentor to many young surgeons.
- The proficiency, passion, and indomitable spirit in his work have won him reverence from his colleagues.
- With his leadership role in Transplant Surgery, here in Columbia Asia, he is also part of the team that conducts kidney transplants in Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Ethiopia.
Dr. Arjun Srivatsa Neurosurgery
- Dr. Arjun Srivatsa is the Senior Consultant, Neurosurgery, Columbia Asia Hospitals and has been consulting at the Yeshwanthapur and Hebbal Units of the hospital in Bangalore
- Dr. Arjun Srivatsa is a fulltime neurosurgeon at Columbia Asia Hospital who is involved in the management of a wide variety of neurosurgical cases, including trauma, tumors of the brain, and spinal problems for the past 10 years
- He is a diligent and accomplished neurosurgeon who has particularly managed skull base problems, endoscopic discectomies, cervical disc problems, spine tumors, spine trauma, spine disc problems, posterior fossa tumors, supratentorial tumors, transsphenoidal surgery, PLIF (posterior lumbar interbody fusion) surgery, etc.
Dr. Jyothi V Shenoy Gynecology
- Dr. Jyothi V Shenoy is a Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology at Columbia Asia Hospital in Palam Vihar.
- fter a successful stint of more than 9 years in UK, she returned to India to join Columbia Asia Hospitals.
- She has a brilliant experience of 18 years and is an expert in Laparoscopic and Minimal Access Gynecology, Hysteroscopic Surgery and Colposcopy.
Dr. Gururaj S Puranik Orthopedics
- Dr. Gururaj S Puranik is a specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Columbia Asia Hospital in Yeshwanthpur.
- He worked in England for 13 years in different Orthopaedic subspecialties including Knee& Hips, Shoulder, Hands, Spine and Foot& Ankle surgery.
- e is a very well experienced doctor having a work experience of 21 years plus.
- He is a faculty at various national and international conferences and workshops. He has authored numerous publications and poster presentations.
Dr. Nagendra Kumar Paediatrics
- Dr. Nagendra Kumar is a highly skilled Pediatric Gastroenterologist at Columbia Asia Hospital, Yeshwantpur.
- His field covers the entire gastrointestinal tract including the hepatobiliary-pancreatic systems (such as hepatitis, pancreatitis) and nutritional disorders (malabsorption related malnutrition).
- He is also involved in performing a variety of endoscopic and other diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Being experienced in treating children for over 7 years, he is sensitive to their needs, cautiously explaining the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the care-givers.
Dr. Manohar T Urology
- Dr. Manohar T is an internationally acclaimed urologist and is adept in performing various laparoscopic procedures for urological disorders including prostate cancer, PUJ obstruction, renal cancer, etc.
- He has performed more than 700 laparoscopic procedures and close to 10000 procedures for kidney stones.
- Dr. Manohar is among the few authorities in the field of Minimally Invasive Surgery for genitourinary tract diseases including stones, malignancy and reconstruction.
- Dr. Manohar has performed more than 6000 laser surgeries and the highest number of RIRS in India.
Get a free treatment plan including price estimate, consultant profile etc.