Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi
Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre is a visionary project of Indraprastha Cancer Society and Research Centre aimed at providing the best of Oncological Care to those who need it. institute boasts of having taken care of over 2 Lakh patients since inception in 1996. The Institute has been accredited by NABH and NABL for its quality of services, and holds ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications. The Institute offers super specialized tertiary care services in Medical, Surgical and Radiation Oncology, streamlined into dedicated Site-Specific teams.
Unsure about your medical condition and the treatment that will suit you best?
Are you not sure as to which treatment will be best suited for your medical condition or want to know more about the risks involved in the treatment? Or are you worried about the location, services, qualification of the treating doctor? It’s easy to clarify all your doubts. Just share your contact details, talk to our experts or get a free online consultation, and get all the answers to your questions in no time.
English, Hindi, Translators can be arranged for other Languages
Medical records transfer
Special offer for group stays
Phone in the room
Special dietary requests accepted
Private rooms for patients available
Online doctor consultation
Personal assistance / Concierge
Health insurance coordination
Neurosurgery 1 procedures
Brain Tumor Surgery
Surgery is the common modality for managing many malignant and most benign tumors. The operation is performed by a neurosurgeon. It helps relieve seizures, remove tumors, take biopsies and enable chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Common techniques used include craniotomy, craniotomy, partial or complete removal, shunting, transsphenoidal surgery, LITT, etc.
Oncology 14 procedures
Breast Cancer Treatment
Treatment of breast cancer depends on the stage. The treatment may involve radiotherapy, surgery or medications. The types of surgeries used included mastectomy (radical mastectomy or simple mastectomy, modified radical mastectomy, patery modified radical mastectomy), breast-conserving surgery, lumpectomy and lymph node dissection. Medical therapy involves chemotherapy for breast cancer or systemic hormonal therapy like tamoxifen.
Cervical Cancer Treatment
Treatment of cervical cancer depends on the stage though other factors like the site of the tumor, ones desire for children, overall health, age, and type of cancer. While in stage 0 (CIS), the condition can be managed by loop electrosurgical procedure, simple hysterectomy, cone biopsy, cryotherapy and laser therapy. At stage 1a, cone biopsy is preferred. At stage 1A2, cone biopsy or radical trachelectomy with pelvic lymph node dissection is preferred, but for those who don’t desire fertility, EBRT and radical hysterectomy are desirable. At stage 1B and 2A, surgery and radiation or concurrent chemoradiation are desirable. At stage 2B, 3 and 4A chemo-radiation is used. At stage 4B, chemo-radiotherapy to try to slow down the tumor.
Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to treat diseases. But in medicine, it is commonly used when referring to the medical treatment of cancer that utilizes one or more antineoplastic medications as part of a standardized chemotherapeutic regimen. They are given with the intent to reduce symptoms, prolong life or cure cancer. Each cancer has a specific regiment that has been prepared for its management. Medical oncologists administrate chemotherapeutic regiment.
Acute Leukemia Treatment
The statement of acute leukemia depends on the subtype of leukemia. Treatment empathizes long-term cemetery with antineoplastic drugs. Various combination of chemotherapeutic agents has been developed for various leukemias. Oncologist use chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy and stem cell transplant.
The goal of this exercise is to detect cancers before their symptoms manifest. The test encompasses medical imaging, blood tests, urinalysis and other tests. It is common knowledge that the benefit of having a cancer screen done outweighs outweigh anybody harm that may result from the process. When cancerous tissues are detected early, they are easy to cure or treat. The most common cancers that are routinely screened are breast, colon, oral, prostate, pancreatic, lung, bowel and cervical cancers.
Chronic Leukemia Treatment
The treatment of chronic leukemia depend on a person’s age, reason for treatment, disease risk group, stage of cancer, signs and symptoms of disease, patient preference and overall health. Treatment options included targeted drug therapy, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant, and immunotherapy.
Staging is the process used to find out the amount of cancer in the body and their locations. The information is used by doctors to formulate the patient treatment plan and to determine their prognosis. There are four different ways staging is done i.e. pathological staging, post-neoadjuvanat or post-therapy staging, clinical staging and restaging (done when cancer recurs after treatment). The four factors used in staging include: site of primary tumor, the tumor size, the involvement of lymph nodes and metastases. Tests done to enable staging process include imaging tests, pathological tests, surgical reports, laboratory tests and physical examination.
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment (Throat Cancer)
Treatment of head and neck malignancies depend on the type and stage of the tumor. Treatment modalities used in the management of these malignancies included radiotherapy, surgery and chemotherapy. Surgical options included laser technology, excision, neck dissection or lymph node dissection, and reconstructive surgery. Target therapy is available.
Blood Cancer Treatment (Leukemia)
Leukaemia is cancer of blood-forming tissues, including bone marrow. Many types exist such as acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, acute myeloid leukaemia and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
Bone Cancer Treatment
Signs and symptoms of bone cancer include Bone pain, Swelling and tenderness near the affected area, Weakened bone, leading to fracture, Fatigue, Unintended weight loss.
Liver cancer Treatment (hepatic cancer)
Cancer that begins in the cells of the liver. Symptoms are uncommon in the early stages of liver cancer. Later, symptoms may include weight loss, stomach pain, vomiting and yellowed skin.
Lung Cancer Treatment
A cancer that begins in the lungs and most often occurs in people who smoke. Two major types of lung cancer are non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. Causes of lung cancer include smoking, second-hand smoke, exposure to certain toxins and family history.
Prostate Cancer Treatment (prostatic carcinoma)
A cancer in a man's prostate, a small walnut-sized gland that produces seminal fluid. A man's prostate produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm. Symptoms include difficulty with urination, but sometimes there are no symptoms at all.
Mouth Cancer Treatment (Oral cancer)
Cancer that develops in any part of the mouth. Risk factors include tobacco use, heavy alcohol use and human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Symptoms include a sore that doesn't heal, a lump or a white or red patch on the inside of the mouth.
Paediatrics 1 procedures
Pediatric Cancer Treatment
Cancer in children can occur anywhere in the body, including the blood and lymph node system, brain and spinal cord (central nervous system; CNS), kidneys, and other organs and tissues.
Specialists working with Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi
Dr. Nitin Aggarwal Cardiology
- Dr. Nitin Aggarwal is one of the finest cardiologist in delhi with special interest in intervention & invasive cardiology.
- He is having more than decade of experience in cardiology.
- He routinely performs various cardiac procedures such as Echo Cardiography, Stress Echo, TMT, Pericardio Centesis, IVC Filters, Cardioversion, Angiographies, Angio Plasties & pace maker implantation & Intra aortic balloon, pump etc
- Have perform Angiography & Angioplasties in thousands.
- Credited for opening, chronic total occluded coronaries.
Dr. Dinesh Bhurani Oncology
- Dr. Dinesh Bhurani is one of the leading Haematologist in India with special interest in Bone Marrow Transplant.
- He is having more than 10 years of experience in Stem cell Transplant including Allogeneic, Autologous, MUD (Matched Unrelated donor) and Haplo Stem Cell Transplant.
- He has done more than 600 transplants at Rajiv Gandhi cancer institute & Research centre.
- He performed first haplo transplant of North India.
Dr. Rupinder Sekhon Gynecology Oncology
- Dr. Rupinder Sekhon is one of the leading gynaecologic oncologists of the country with special interest in ovarian cancer and cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in recurrent ovarian cancer.
- She has a large number of surgeries in cervical and endometrial cancer under her credit.
- She has been instrumental in developing the department of gynae oncology to the state of the art in the country which is inclusive of colposcopy, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, open and robotic gynaecologic surgeries.
- Radical Vulvectomy with Inguinal Lypmph node Dissection and other complex surgeries for vaginal & vulvar cancer.
- First to be trained in Robotic surgery in Gynae Oncology at Conneticut, USA
- First to perform Peritonectomy and HIPEC in Ovarian cancer in North India
Dr. D.C. Doval Oncology
- Dr. D. C. Doval carries an experience of more than 37 years in Medical Oncology.
- He specializes in the treatment of solid tumors, with a particular focus on patients with cancers of breast and lung.
- He pioneered the first Phase 1 study in Oncology in India and has taken up anticancer drug development.
- As a part of this effort he has developed new models for the delivery of oncology care that provide medical excellence in settings convenient for patients and their families.
Dr. Vineet Talwar Oncology
- Dr Vineet Talwar is presently working as Co-Director, Dept of Medical Oncology at RGCIRC.
- He has over 40 publications in his credit in various national and international journals, peer reviewed journals.
- He was awarded the prestigious 'Chikitsa Ratan Award' by the Delhi State Medical Association for his efforts in field of cancer.
Dr. Manish Pruthi Oncology Orthopedics
- Dr Manish Pruthi has more than 14 years of experience in the specialty, and has worked at many reputed hospitals in the country.
- He has worked as a Fellow in Orthopaedic Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai for 2 years.
- Musculoskeletal Onco surgeons are far and few in number and about 20 of them in active practice across the country.
- Dr Manish Pruthi has performed more than 1300 major orthopedic surgeries in his career.
- Performing complex MSK oncology surgeries like limb salvage surgeries with tumour prosthesis, intercalary resections with recycling of tumour bones, total femur replacements, pelvic resections
Dr. Shalini Mishra Oncology Paediatrics
- Dr. Shalini Mishra is one of the few Pediatric Surgical Oncologists in India exclusively practicing in this field.
- She has a vast experience of more than 15 years in Pediatric Surgery including pediatric surgical oncology, pediatric urology, pediatric thoracic surgery and neonatal surgery.
- She routinely performs surgeries for solid tumors in children and adolescents like Wilms tumor, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, malignant germ cell tumor, Primitive neuroectodermal tumor (Ewing's sarcoma), testicular/ ovarian tumor hepatoblastoma and other soft tissue sarcoma.
- She also conducts periodic hands-on training courses of chemoport insertion for doctors coming from all over India.
Dr. Leena Dadhwal General Surgery Oncology
- Dr Leena is an experienced surgical oncologist with the expertise to perform almost all the oncological surgeries in the body, for over last 13 yrs.
- Her special interest are in performing surgeries in breast , neck, thyroid and abdominal organs.
- Her expertise lies in surgically managing breast, thyroid, gynaecological `and GI malignancies.
- First lady officer to be awarded the Gallantry Sena Medal during her short stint of 5 yrs in the Indian Army
Dr. Sudhir Kumar Rawal Oncology Urology
- Dr. Sudhir Rawal is one of the leading Uro-Genital surgeons in India, with special interest in Robotic Surgery.
- He is having more than 30 years of experience in Genito Urinary Oncosurgery.
- He routinely performs procedures such as Radical Prostatectomy, Radical Cystectomy, Radical Hysterectomy, RPLND, and complex urinary diversion like continent pouch and neo bladder.
- "Pitcher's pot Ileal Neobladder" is one of his innovations which finds place in leading urology publications.
- He is first Uro Gyne surgical oncologist of North India and heading the department since the inception of Institute.
- He has done maximum number of Radial Prostatectomy, Radial Cystoprostatectomy Neobladder, Robotic VEIL, Robotic RPLND (Post Chemo) in country.
Dr. Mudit Agarwal Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Oncology
- Endoscopic,Robotic Thyroidectomy, Neck Dessection
- Carotid Body Tumour Resection
- TORS(Trans Oral Robotic Surgery)
- Head and Neck Oncologist
- Skull Base Surgery
Get a free treatment plan including price estimate, consultant profile etc.